So about a week or so back I watched Rio for the first time, which was alright- I wasn’t really a fan of the story- and since I know a thing or two about avians, I wasn’t really able to suspend my disbelief to go WELL YANNO THAT’S JUST IN THE MOVIE.
It did prompt me to draw birdies more because- aughfghgh I love birds, a lot, especially Ravens (because of the person I associate them to, but that should be obvious.)
I figured if I were a bird, I’d be a blue jay due to:
- moderately slow flier.
- highly aggressive when someone gets close to it’s nest, VERY territorial.
- WARNING SCREAM for everyone if there’s danger.
- highly curious, intelligent, and likes shiny things.
- captive blue jays have been seen trying to ESCAPE FROM THEIR CAGES.
- Males and females both look exactly the same.
- monogamous for life.
- pretty big for a bird (9-12 inches)
- BLUE AND STRIPES- LOOK AT THAT.
SO YEAH, Blue jay Kenny and Raven Viren.